Sunday 9 March 2014

The bond between Art and I

I have always loved art; from GCSE to A level. Since having my son three and a half years ago I have never really had a chance to just sit and appreciate art. I haven't drawn anything in such a long time until recently. Maybe two weeks ago when I got bored of writing an essay on environmental criminology. I shut my laptop and opened up a blank sketch book that I had actually purchased last October in Romania, hoping that I'd get a chance to draw something whilst visiting. I opened to book and got straight to work, and since then I haven't been able to put the book down. I have invested in a new and bigger sketch book which I am aiming to fill by the summer and hopefully purchase a new one by then so that I can take it with me on my summer travels. I should mention that I love to sketch portraits but occasionally animals, landscapes and inanimate objects catch my eye and I am bound capturing them. I also love to take pictures. When ever I can, I am constantly taking photographs of people and unusual compositions. My favourite medium is a plain old Biro pen. I have started to use pencils more. For landscapes etc. I love to use water colours, oil pastels and chalks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment